As Quarter 1 comes to a close, this is the perfect time to reflect on what is and is not working for you in your classroom, get input from your students, and regroup on what they – and you – can do better. Thank you all for your participation in Friday’s brief faculty meeting. Everyone’s responses can be found in the document titled, “Plus-Delta 10-30-15”. Click the link below to see all the responses.
Some common positive themes include:
- Faculty is working together – in and out of the classroom
- School spirit is way up!
- Students (and teachers) truly enjoy Enrichment. Kids are participating more actively and in meaningful ways.
Some areas noted as needing improvement:
- Consistency and Follow-Through – It is imperative we all hold students to high expectations; that we are monitoring use of bathroom passes, issuing passes for students to be in the hall, and following through with consequences for lateness and other behavior issues.
- Bell-to-Bell Instruction – students lined up at the door are not engaged in bell-to-bell instruction. Consider how you can shape your classroom routine so that students are listening during announcements.
- Quality Sub Plans – There are occasions, expected and unexpected, that teachers have to be out of school. It is expected that all teachers leave a seating chart, emergency folder with class lists, and a high-quality lesson plan with learning activities suitable for an 85 minute period. In all likelihood, it is your colleagues who are covering for you; don’t leave them high and dry!
Check out everyone’s thoughts here: Plus-Delta 10-30-15
Have a great week!